Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Skip Navigation LinksJoin Our Team

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Interested in working with our company?  

This page will help you see if you meet the basic qualifications and let you know what to expect.

​​​If you'd like to be contacted by a recruiter please fill out an Information Request​.
Regional Motorcade Logo​​​​​Motor Officer:

These are generally contract positions ​​where the individual is responsible for most expenses related to the work.  The motor officer is paid a flat fee per ride with additional money paid for extended wait times or performing additional functions such as ride lead.

Things to keep in mind:

This is not for everyone.  If you are not an all weather experienced motorcycle rider or cannot handle high stress situations this is probably not for you.  You also are not going to get rich doing this type of work and supporting yourself or a family on the income from this would be out of the question.

Passing the initial screening is no guarantee you will be able to complete the training and become a fully qualified motor officer.  We highly encourage you to take it slow and don't spend money on equipment or other gear not absolutely required as there is no reimbursement if you are cut due to inability to perform or decide this is not for you.

Basic Qualifications:

  1. ​​Be at least 21 years of age.
  2. Pass a Washington State Patrol background check.
  3. Washington Driver's License with motorcycle endorcement.
  4. Advanced Rider Training Certification or equivalent experience.
  5. Good driving record.
  6. Completion of Washington State Flaggers Course (must be taken every 3 years).
  7. Availability to work most days of week.  Funerals happen almost everyday and we often only get a few days notice.

What you have to provide:​

During your initial orientation and screening you do not need any special equipment.
Once you are accepted for training you need:
  1. Plain black or white motorcycle helmet.  If you're buying new get a black one.
  2. Plain black or navy riding pants (reflective striping is okay).
  3. Plain black motorcycle jacket (reflective striping is okay).
  4. Plain black motorcycle boots.  
  5. A police model motorcycle with appropriate lights & siren.  The company can lease a bike to you initially for a nominal fee.

To be promoted to fully qualified motor officer you will need the following:​​

  1. ​Two tone black and white helmet.  We have the means to convert black helmets to two tone at no expense to you.
  2. LAPD Blue or Navy police or security uniform shirt.  You will probably want one long and one short sleave.
  3. LAPD Blue or Navy uniform pants or breaches (only get breaches if you're going to invest in hi-stack boots).  
  4. Gold Uniform name tag with black lettering (Reeves 50LE).  Standard is First Initial and last name (e.g. "J. Doe")
  5. Traffic control overgloves (Glo-Gloves)​.​

​Note:  The company will provide a uniform manual and we have sources for all uniform parts and accessories available.  Other officers may also have uniform items for little or no charge. ​

What the company provides (note that some things will be provided intially and others as you progress in your training):

  1. ​Insurance.  This is a commercial insurance that covers you and the bike while it is being used for company business:
    • ​While performing escort work.
    • While performing training.
    • Attending company meetings.
    • Attending any company directed activies.
    • To and from work related activities (this includes taking the bike in for service).  
  2. ​Training motorcycles.  The company has a limited number of motorcycles that can be leased for a per ride fee for riders that do not have a properly equiped motorcycle available.  In the long-term it is expected that each rider will eventually obtain their own motorcycle.
  3. Training.  The company provides initial training in Emergency Vehicle Operations, escort procedures, and additonal traffic control training.  All riders must complete quarterly motorcycle training to remain on the insurance and available for dispatch.
  4. Patches, badges, safety vest, radio, and any other legally manadated escort equipment.
  5. Uniform cap.

Regional Security LogoSecurity Officer:

Currently we primarily use our properly trained and licensed motor officers to provide security services.  This requires a separate licensing and certification process in order to perform security duties.  You can complete some of this concurrent with your motor officer training.  ​​Although not required for normal escort work ​the majority of our motor officers are also licensed by the State of Washington as Armed Security Officers.  When performing security work, that is not related to an escort, they are  paid a competitive hourly wage.  Security Officers are authorized to use their company insured motorcycles to travel to and from non-escort related security assignments.​

You must be licensed as an armed security guard in order to carry a firearm while working for the company.

​Security Officer Qualifications:

  1. Be at least 18 years old.
  2. ​Be a United States citizen or resident alien.​
  3. Have no criminal convictions that directly relate to your capacity to perform the duties of a private security guard or that hinder public safety.  (See Recommended Sanctions​ for details about criminal convictions)​
  4. Get fingerprinted for and pass state and national background checks.​
  5. Complete state required security officer training (Company conducted).
  6. Submit license application (or annual renewal) and payment to the department of Licensing.

Firearms Qualifications:​

  1. Meet basic security qualifications.
  2. Be at least 21 years old.
  3. Complete state required Criminal Justice Training Commission firearms training and certification (Annual requirement conducted by outside agency).
  4. ​Pay the additional fee for the "Armed" endorsement on your security guard license (required annually).

© 2018-2020 - Regional Motorcade, LLLP - All rights reserved

Find us on FaceBook